Judge W. Christopher McDonough
Prosecuting Attorney: Chris Graville
Municipal Court Clerk: Cheryl Fortenberry
The Municipal Court for the City of Warrenton is a division of the Warren County Circuit Court, Twelfth Judicial District, of the State of Missouri. The jurisdiction of the Municipal Court extends to all cases involving alleged violations of the Municipal Code or other ordinances of the City. Court sessions are held the first Thursday of every month at 9:00 a.m. Attorney call is at 8:30 a.m.
Your Rights In Court:
You have been summoned to come to court on the date shown on your citation.
- You may plead not guilty by coming to court and a trial date will be set.
- You may plead guilty by mail or by coming to the Municipal Court to pay your fine.
- If you plead guilty, you will be given a new date to pay if you can’t pay the day of court.
- If you want to plead guilty, but you don’t have the funds to pay your ticket, you still must come to court. You will not be arrested for not having money to pay.
- If you are indigent, you may be required to complete documentation to be determined by the court as evidence of your financial status and as an aid to the court in assessing fines, costs, and setting of a payment plan.
- If you do not come to court when summoned to do so, you are subject to a warrant being issued for your arrest.
**Appropriate Attire is Required**
The following items are not allowed in the Court:
- Cell phones
- Food or drink
Payments for all City Services including Municipal Court can be made at City Hall located at 200 West Booneslick, Warrenton, MO 63383. Please make checks payable to: The City of Warrenton. A drive-up drop box is available by entering the parking lot on the west side of City Hall and a walk-up drop box is located on the east side of the building. In addition, payment may also be made online. Please note that a convenience fee will be added to any credit or debit card payments.
Failure to Appear
Failure to appear in court could result in a warrant being issued for your arrest and additional cost being assessed against you. If you were charged with a non-minor traffic offense, notice will be sent to the Department of Revenue and your driving privilege will be suspended.
Contact: Cheryl Fortenberry at 636-456-3535 for more information.